Sr. Analyst, Internal Audit & Process Improvement|
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an Sr. Internal Audit & Process Improvement Analyst to join our growing team.
Sr. Internal Audit & Process Improvement Analyst will execute Audits and Business Process Improvement projects as assigned. The role will report to the Manager – Internal Audit and will be accountable to execute all projects as assigned. This will involve (amongst other tasks) reviewing data, reviewing processes, making recommendations for improvement and working with the business to implement those improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Interviews business process owners to understand current controls and business processes.
- Collaborates with various functional personnel to develop process improvement recommendations and ensure controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Analyzes financial and operational data to make recommendations to improve processes throughout the entire Buckeye business.
- Prepares audit and business process review reports to present to Audit Management.
- Participates in planning and executing audits or business process improvement reviews as assigned.
- Participates in special assignments and fraud investigations as deemed necessary by management, the Audit Committee, and the Vice President Internal Audit.
- Assists audit management with administrative tasks and other assignments as required.
- Understands and applies all Company policies and principles, including those related to ethics and compliance as well as environmental, health and safety.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education & Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting or related field required.
- 3-5 years of related work experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work across teams at all levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, organizational, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Self-starter approach, proactively taking the initiative to solve problems and provide recommendations for resolutions.
- Up to 20% travel annually.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- In order to succeed in this position, the incumbent should be a strong analytical thinker with a flexible mindset and willingness to embrace change who also demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Should be a collaborative team player with strong organizational and planning skills that can make sound decisions and deliver under tight deadlines.
- This is a position that requires a great deal of accuracy and excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strict deadlines and timelines must be adhered to with regards to reporting requirements.
- Incumbents must be able to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
- One must be available to work overtime when necessary.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.