About the Position
Looking for a recent graduate to work in our Transportation group on a variety of projects.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
- Working within a team of professionals in developing traffic and transportation planning and engineering solutions for a multitude of transportation projects
- Developing sign, pavement marking, and traffic signal design plans in MicroStation
- Developing traffic signal timing plans
- Researching best practices for traffic and transportation policy
- Preparing written documents, summarize data and analysis, and assemble reports to convey findings and recommendations
- Collecting and tabulating traffic data
- Performing traffic engineering studies using Synchro, VISSIM, and other analysis tools
- Analyzing intersection and roadway level of service
- Performing quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Analyzing, developing, and evaluating of traffic improvements
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Strong computer skills
- Excel in working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years of civil/transportation engineering/planning experience whether through coursework or professional experience (may include co-op/internship experience)
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
- Experience with Synchro, Vissim, and/or HCS a plus
- Experience with ArcGIS a plus
- EIT Designation is a plus
Here’s what VHBers have to say about life at VHB
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.