Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Antonio, TX US
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Manufacturing and Production, Counseling, Executive Management, Aviation/Aeronautics, Research & Development
Technical Service Manager - San Antonio, TX |
The Technical Service Manger (TSM) serves as main point of contact regarding all maintenance work performed on the aircraft and assists the maintenance manager with smooth and efficient hangar operations. Provides the Customer Service Manager (CSM) pertinent information to relay to the customer. Works with the Service Center Team to maintain and develop a positive relationship with current and future Customers. Supervisor responsible for a team of technicians within the service center.
- Fosters a positive relationship between the customer and the Textron Aviation service network.
- Implements lean manufacturing processes with a focus on 5s and practices as well as coordinates all Area Team Development events for area of responsibility.
- Ensures that work performed is done in accordance with established policy, procedure, and quality standards.
- Responsible for safety, quality, meeting schedules and efficiency of the Service Center
- Monitors the work environment to assure it is maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe acts.
- Investigates any accidents or incidents, reports findings, complete with recommended corrective action.
- Monitor and review overall shop performance metrics (LUE, Billing Efficiency, Productivity and schedule adherence) in conjunction with Maintenance manager to identify trends and implement corrective actions
- Monitors and reviews applicable Near miss, Quality (Risk reports and layered Audits), and MVSS responses data to determine trends and in conjunction with EHS and Quality, implement corrective actions
- Supervises and assigns team members to maintenance in line with schedules and priorities through collaboration with CSMs. Realigns assignments as required to meet customer, maximize efficiency, or by direction of the Service Manager.
- Daily interaction with team members regarding workmanship, efficiencies and safe working conditions as well as identifying ergonomic opportunities.
- Provide coaching and counseling in order to manage performance of team members.
- Conduct and document performance evaluations
- Track, document, and conduct disciplinary actions required under the procedures and policies of Textron Aviation.
- Holds weekly team meetings to communicate items such as general communication and resolving programs.
- Post-delivery follow-up with CSM:
- Assures that open issues involving parts or return maintenance are resolved.
- Addresses Maintenance Visit Performance Evaluation issues with the Service Center personnel.
- Perform duties of a CSM as designated on the off-shift.
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation.
• Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
• Health benefits beginning day one
• Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
• 12-paid holidays a year
• Paid parental leave options
A new career awaits.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or in lieu of degree a minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance experience and/or relative supervisory experience required.
- A&P License required
- Repairman Certificate / EASA License is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven leadership skills
- Possesses good organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail, goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive responsibilities
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work in team environment
- Maintenance experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport security badge through the local airport authority, if applicable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.