|| Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Law Enforcement, and Security, Executive Management, Medical
Manager, Pharmacy (Controlled Drugs)|
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, or registries of poisons, narcotics, or controlled drugs.
- Plan, implement, or maintain procedures for mixing, packaging, or labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Assess the identity, strength, or purity of medications.
- Provide customer service to clients.
- Problem solving.
- Education to multidisciplinary staff.
- Available to work shift from 5:00p.m. to 1:30amMonday to Friday
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in pharmacy is required; PharmD ispreferred.
- Must have active Puerto Rico Pharmacist License and Registration.
- Strong people and attention to detail skills.
- Availability to work extended hours and weekend days is required.
- Must have Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Fully bilingual English and Spanish oral and written is required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks.
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve.
- Applies judgment within defined parameters.
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects.
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.