Software Engineering Lead, ThingWorx and Windchill PLM|
Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT), the Enterprise Technology group supporting all business functions under Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for Software Engineering Lead for ThingWorx, as part of the Engineering R&D Solutions group. This position will be based in West Chester, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Software Engineer Lead for ThingWorx & Windchill PLM you will be part of a dynamic and hardworking team that collaborates with our business partners to build important and meaningful solutions and capabilities. The work is fast-paced and collaborative while providing outstanding exposure to R&D, Quality and Manufacturing areas. The position includes both technical and business process leading to a broad set of multi-functional skills. Our focus is on delivering business value from software solutions, besides on making the technology work stable and reliable.
In this role, you will communicate, architect, design, develop, install and test software solutions for a diverse set of users within J&J. You will also lead code review activities to ensure high quality of software solutions. We value your contribution as key role to the success of our organization, and we are thrilled to look forwards to meeting with you and discuss for the superb opportunity and make this position as your long term career goal.
• Architect, design and develop solutions within ThingWorx Navigate, Windchill PLM and related technologies.
• Collaborate with business partners and technology teams to align requirements and business process with both standard and new solution capabilities. Perform options analysis, communicate architectural strategy and transitions into development.
• Participate as a leader within SCRUM teams working on sprints and ensure on time delivery with high quality
• Participate in Thingworx platform administration activities
• Lead software development lifecycle (SDLC) activities such as developing wrapper services, code review to ensure history quality, and mentoring junior developers
• Analyze and evaluate the latest technological developments and recommend improvements to existing product quality and performance.
• Lead innovative initiatives to incubate ideas to productive solutions
• Serve as a key leader within the team for DevOps initiatives
• Minimum 3 years of software development experience
• 2-3 years experience in Thingworx Foundation 8.5 and above is preferred.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT required
Experience and Skills:
• Consistent track record architecting & developing ThingWorx and Thingworx Navigate solutions in conjunction with Windchill PLM and other business systems
• Hands on experience in PTC Thingworx platform implementation, solution design system application development, configuration and customization
• Experience mashup development
• Preferred experience in Thingworx flow and Thingworx Analytics
• Proven knowledge of Restful web services using ODATA and web technologies.
• Proficient with the JSON, XML, PLM data models, consuming APIs of external clouds systems
• Preferred experience with the following methodologies and tools: Agile, DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
• Effective communication and collaboration skills are required
• Experience in leading development teams is preferred
• Excellence in writing, verbal presentation, and interpersonal communication
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-1310 Goshen Parkway
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)