||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Transportation, Purchasing, Executive Management, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Director of Reset Planning, Process, and Project Management|
About the Team
It's no surprise people are passionate about the health and happiness of their pet and our Merchandising (buying) team is no different. When it comes to the products and solutions in our stores, our incredible teams of merchandising associates have everything covered – from head to tail! From keeping up with the top trends to developing new, innovative solutions, our buyers help ensure every pet parent can find exactly what their pet needs at PetSmart. Join our team and show your love for pets by creating products as special as pets themselves!
About the Job
The Director of Reset Planning, Process, and Project Management with PetSmart's Merchandising team is a critical leadership role for the enterprise. This role leads the enterprise assortment planning process and leads the reset planning team. This role is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Leads the Enterprise Assortment Planning Process (Category Release and Planner)
- Key Partner to VPs/SVPs for the assortment planning process (MM Process with focus on MM 1-2)
- Fully own Enterprise Milestone process for the company
- Ensure Enterprise Milestone calendar incorporates modifications needed by division while not steering away from original Firebird intention
- Improve Milestone Meeting Effectiveness (required attendees, clear R&R, Decision rights/Material/CFT participation)
- Coordinate with Director PB Process Management to ensure PB sequencing/process is accurately reflected in Enterprise process
- Lead Drive Aisle Walks in conjunction with Sr Manager of Drive Aisle
- Lead Monthly SVP/VP Category Release Execution Meeting
- Ensure teams are mitigating risks and have a plan for milestones/
- Escalate issues/topics as needed to VP/SVPs
- Leads Process Improvement Projects (examples below):
- Calendar Lead Time Reduction: Analyze execution of calendars per division, identify gaps/areas of opp/ drive optimization in workflow
- Process gaps: Process to identify viability of Non-PB Vendors/ For existing PB Vendors, incorporate into process – viability of taking on additional business/transportation
- Leads Key Merchandising Projects (examples for 2022 below, some will be led by (Sr) Managers) :
- New Item Setup Project (in partnership with Manager of Data Integrity)
- AMS Upgrade Project (in partnership with Sr Manager)
Leads the Reset Planning Team
- Leads Data Integrity Team
- Lead company initiative of New Item Setup Project (in partnership with Manager of Data Integrity) to improve process and systems to improve efficiency of Vendor and Item Setups for the company
- Leads Corporate Resets and Supplies Team
- Lead store supplies, label and planner playbook process
- Control labor budget for Category release and planner in partnership with Store Ops
- Bachelor Degree, MBA preferred
- 8-10 years experience in Retail with increasing levels of leadership experience. Retail experience required, and Project Management experience is an additional benefit.
- Proven ability and experience with cross functional leadership
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities to driving sales and margin metrics.
- Excellent strategic, customer focused, analytical, management, and financial skills
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/