||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Purchasing, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
About the Team
It's no surprise people are passionate about the health and happiness of their pet and our Merchandising (buying) team is no different. When it comes to the products and solutions in our stores, our incredible teams of merchandising associates have everything covered – from head to tail! From keeping up with the top trends to developing new, innovative solutions, our buyers help ensure every pet parent can find exactly what their pet needs at PetSmart. Join our team and show your love for pets by creating products as special as pets themselves!
About the Job
As an Associate Buyer you are responsible for setting the merchandise strategy for a category including assortment selection, pricing, promotions and developing the line plan. You will be involved with vendor selection and negotiation of product purchase, terms and ongoing relationship all while staying abreast of market and competitor trends.
- Purchases and manages the merchandise selection to maximize sales and margin and contribute to the business and financial goals of the merchandising group.
- Manages product assortment and product specifications in assigned area in order to identify and address opportunities within the business and the market to maximize sales and margin opportunities.
- Negotiates product costs, terms and shipping/returns issues.
- Develops and manages vendor relationships in order to ensure the best prices, products and shipments.
- Identifies items to maximize promotional and marketing strategies to meet sales and margin goals.
- Provides input to the other merchandising functions to determine the products lifecycle, exit strategy and inventory aging standards within the assigned area.
- Assists with the development of business plans that maximize sales, margin dollars, and margin percentage, based upon current business trends and additional internal business and external market factors.
- Participates in recommending, setting and approving product pricing strategies to achieve specific margin objectives, implement exit strategies and recommend appropriate markdowns.
- Works with other merchandising departments in managing the performance of the product lines through sales, promotion cost, markdowns, inventory, product quality, and selling costs
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics or Business from four-year college or university.
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/