||Thermo Fisher Scientific
||Saint Charles, MO
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Engineering, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Purchasing, Research & Development, Web Technology
Field Service Engineer II -LC/MS - Saint Louis, MO Remote|
Primary Location: St. Louis, MO.
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instruments, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services for instrument repairs with cross training opportunities for installs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site instrument repairs and additional training for installations, preventative maintenance and qualifications (IQOQ).
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes Chemistry reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Conducts familiarization on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred, high school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation in Mass Spectrometry, Liquid Chromatography or 3+ years relevant industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with instrument maintenance preferred. Instrument repair experience a plus.
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 75% within the territory or other areas as required.
Location: The territory covers Kansas, Missouri and Illinois with travel required. This position will be based in Saint Louis.
This position requires Covid 19 vaccination.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process. *This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.