||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Transportation, Logistics, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Sr International Strategy Analyst|
About the Team
The Supply Chain team focuses on keeping things moving across all aspects of our business. They make an impact by ensuring our products get from the vendors to the DCs to the stores in the most efficient and timely way. Their goal is to improve each step within the process, so we have the right product at the right place at the right time for our pet parents.
About the Job
The Senior International Strategy Analyst is responsible for balancing the daily transportation operations requirements; requesting ocean carrier pricing, ensuring carrier contracts and amendments are up to date, locating carrier capacity to support the international Vendor to DC business requirements, running focused bids to support new transportation lanes and analytical projects focused on analyzing transportation methods and procedures to efficiently deliver products, based on the evaluation of carriers, freight rates, capacity balance, freight benchmarking, freight flow (transit time / congestion), regulatory review and industry analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rates and Bids – Responsible for requesting and analyzing all domestic inbound and outbound rates and bid requests with carriers.
- Carrier Rate Database – Ensuring contracts are current and facilitating new contracts along with amendments
- Benchmarking – Analyzes current rates, rate requests, and bids with benchmarking data to determine areas for cost savings opportunities.
- Best Cost to Serve - Continues to strive for ways to improve service and reduce costs for both inbound and outbound transportation
- Analysis and Reporting - Support cross-functional teams through project support, freight analysis, ad-hoc analysis, and report requests. Provides “what-if” strategic analysis, network studies, reviewing co-mingling freight opportunities, cross-dock; reverse flow of totes, fish boxes, pallets (break-even analysis).
- Modeling - Makes inbound/outbound dedicated versus line haul transportation decisions based on cost models and creates network models to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Industry Research - Identifies emerging logistics technology, optimization, and modeling tools, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required from a four-year college or university in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain or related industry and four to six years work experience required.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The job focus is 60% International Transportation Operations and 40% analytical projects. Understands Ocean, Drayage, Intermodal and Air operations, and rate structures. Applies advanced skills to the position within field of specialization. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures. Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that is frequently complex and difficult in nature and requires moderate responsibility. Advanced evaluation, originality, and ingenuity are required. Has some latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
This position will require a self-driven individual, multi-tasking capability with intermediate analytical and advanced technical skills. Understands multi-modal transportation operations to drive business solutions. Responsible for starting with an unsolved problem and expected to resolve that problem with the best cost and service outcome. Innovative thinking is critical to identify long-term success. The major challenge will be to manage and prioritize all projects simultaneously, so organization skills are crucial. This position also requires the ability to articulate the problem and solution to all levels of the organization, including cross-departmental.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in multimodal transportation operations.
- Geography skills focused on China, SE Asia, United States and Canada.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate analytical, optimization tool usage knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate advanced proficiency using Excel application.
- Able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using Access, SQL, MicroStrategy, or any related query type software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/