||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Lead Applications Analyst|
About the Team
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job
How this role will make an impact:
This position leads, manages and executes entire lifecycle of a product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize, test, and refine the technology platform requirements, and work with cross functional IT and business teams to deliver the final product. The role will be working directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IT teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into solutions.
Goals and responsibilities include:
- Support the creation of business requirements, functional, and technical design specifications. Identify gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Actively engages with a team of Engineers, Architects, and Analyst in developing business and technical requirements, and quality validation for the implemented functionalities. Work closely with the business throughout the project to ensure solution meets business needs.
- Understands the business operations in detail; knowledgeable of current and possible future practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they relate to other areas.
- Ensures the appropriate teams are engaged in the solution so all systems and process stakeholders are included. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical solution/application capabilities/business requests and negotiates resolution.
- Lead vendor partners to ensure deliverables are high quality, on time, and meet business needs. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor. Evaluate, coordinate and/or apply vendor package and software tool upgrades and patches.
- Ability to engage business and extract requirements that may or may not be stated directly. Ability to resolve issues quickly and accept responsibility for the resolution.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas.
- Support creation and implementation of project planning, quality assurance strategy, approach, and detailed plan. Create and execute user stories, test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Engineers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree - Math, Science, Computer Science, or Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages; played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management and application implementation methodologies
- Strong communication skills with ability to translate complex IT solutions into terms and language appropriate for business audiences
- Expertise of Order Management System and supported business processes - Manhattan Associates Applications (DOM, MAO) is preferred
- Understanding of APIs and modern technology architecture
- Understanding of SQL query language; Oracle PL/SQL preferred.
- Extremely solid analytic and problem-solving skills. Able to distinguish technology problems from people or process problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to articulate information to internal customers and IT leaders. Able to work well in groups containing individuals with differing viewpoints.
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart in the IT space from our team members: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/it