||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Sales, Purchasing, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
About the Team
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job
At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. PetSmart is the trusted partner to pet parents and pets in every moment of their lives. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
We are seeking a Purchase Order (PO) Management Process Analyst. The primary responsibility is to facilitate and manage the end-to-end purchase order management process to ensure accuracy and compliance. Our ideal candidate will be able to work across business areas to create and maintain best practices for purchase order management and develop and implement an effective training program for this process. This self-motivated individual will need to work closely with our business area purchasing coordinators and Finance teams to ensure financial accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitates and manages the Indirect Spend PO Management end-to-end process
- Enables organizational change management processes
- Responsible for new SKU creation process within the ERP System
- Manages and oversees product master data for Indirect Spend items within the ERP System
- Develops, prepares, validates, and generates on-going and ad-hoc reporting using various reporting tools from multiple databases
- Subject Matter Expert for Purchase Order (PO) Management Process
- Manage department group mailboxes
- Develops and maintains training and documentation materials on PO processes and product master data to be used by internal business stakeholders
- Foster effective partnership and research stakeholders across all levels to identify and address team needs and challenges
- Collaborates with accountable business stakeholders on best practices and ongoing operational efficiencies
- Ability to become proficient with systems and applications utilized and gain understanding of systems and applications that impact the procurement function
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from a four-year college or university; 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven leadership and team building skills including mentoring, training, and collaboration
- Effective time management skills
- Effective organizational skills, driving towards work efficiencies
- Robust attention to details
- Proven ability to manage through conflict and problem resolution
- Ability to analyze processes and develop best practices to drive improvement
- Ability to achieve high productivity and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and follow through on tasks
- Ability to adapt to changes and manage processes as the business environment dictates
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications
- Previous experience in SAP ERP system preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities