||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Vet Health Services Specialist|
About the Team
PetSmart LLC is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. We employ approximately 55,000 associates and operate more than 1,600 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as more than 200 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp services and pet adoption services in-store. PetSmart, together with non-profits PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, invite more than 3,000 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets into stores so they have the best chance possible of finding a forever home. Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated more than 9 million adoptions – more than any other brick-and-mortar organization.
About the Job
The coordinator position within the Vet Health Services team is responsible for assisting veterinary hospitals with administration task coordination. The position will work closely with the Project Manager to provide guidance for business set-up and execution while also providing exceptional customer service to the veterinary hospitals across multiple time zones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains and tracks all steps necessary to operate and open hospital;
• Provides resources required for set-up;
• Serves as main liaison for independent, third-party hospital owner and the veterinary business development teams;
• Assists with the coordination and scheduling of all trainings between vendors, internal departments, and the independent, third-party hospital owner in preparation for opening the hospital;
• Provides varying analysis, perspectives, interpretations and recommendations to leadership on future program modifications and any adjustments needed for business success;
• Builds relationships with PetSmart business partners, Hospital owners, and vendors; and
• Assists Project Manager with the vetting of potential Hospital owner applicants.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
This position has no budget responsibility.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate degree from a two-year college or university preferred. A minimum of 2 years of related experience working in business, retail, or sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project management experience preferred, but not required.
• Must demonstrate business acumen.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail.
• Must demonstrate ability to build partnerships/relationships with internal and external partners, leveraging interpersonal skills to build trust.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical business office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/