||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Healthcare, Other, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Counseling, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Director, Corporate Reputation|
About the Team
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 4 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job
The Director of Corporate Reputation will build and lead PetSmart’s corporate reputation strategy. This is a critical leadership role as part of PetSmart’s corporate communications team, and the ideal candidate has experience shifting and enhancing corporate perception, has built and led large scale campaigns and can align a reputation strategy to complement and amplify existing internal and external communications strategies. This role requires someone who is invigorated by challenges, complex subject matter and thinking creatively on behalf of organizations and their executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for building and leading PetSmart’s corporate reputation strategy, with a focus on identifying critical reputation risks and opportunities and building a multi-year plan to shift and enhance PetSmart’s corporate reputation
- Responsible for building and implementing PetSmart’s civic engagement program from its current Phoenix-based approach to a regional and then national impact
- Develop corporate reputation platforms supporting work in Belonging, sustainability, employer brand, civic engagement
- Partner with Manager of Issues Management on risk mitigation measures, including a 4-quadrant heat map of reputation risks
- Partner across multiple departments, including, but not limited to, communications, legal, HR and operations, to ensure an understanding of the issues, their risks and opportunities from all angles and the interplay between departments
- Support planning and development of comprehensive, integrated campaigns with Director of External Communications on specific focus on thought leadership, executive visibility, and corporate storytelling ensuring these programs support and amplify new corporate reputation strategies
- Partner with Customer Insights & Analytics to develop actionable tracking and measurement of Corporate Reputation.
- Provides backup crisis and issues counsel to all levels of leadership throughout the business
- Conduct regular competitor/competitive analysis.
- Effectively manage agency budget and external resources
- Manage one Manager of Corporate Reputation and ensure direct report is a high-performing team member with a growth mindset, commitment to best practices/benchmarking and expandable skillsets
- Must be available for community management and media inquiries on occasional weekends/evenings as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Requirements: 10+ years of experience in crisis, executive and corporate communications
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- Proven experience working on large, cross-functional marketing campaigns and programs; agency experience is a plus
- A passion for pets is a big plus!
- Proven track record of developing and leading campaigns from developing strategy to execution
- Resourceful and enthusiastic; able to work well under pressure with a growth mindset
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinking and writing with regards to storytelling
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent integrity, work ethic, results-oriented, and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/