Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist - NLP Team (Unstructured Data)|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Quantitative Analytics Specialist within its Artificial Intelligence (AI) Machine Learning (ML) Center of Excellence group.
The AI and ML CoE team in Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) is responsible for developing and deploying NLP, machine learning, and AI solutions for key strategic Enterprise initiatives such as customer experience improvement, risk management and compliance, business operational excellence, and team member experience. The team is looking for an experienced analytics professional to add to its AI/ML/NLP model development team.
As part of the AI/ML/NLP data science team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing AI/ML NLP models for the enterprise and Wells Fargo lines of business. You will be leveraging unstructured text such as emails, text messages, notes, and semi-structured data in combination of structured data to apply text analytics and AI/NLP/ML techniques. You will use open stack programming languages (primarily Python) and/or vendor solutions to develop models and deploy them on Wells Fargo's AI platform. The ideal candidate should be able to think outside the box to uncover new ways to analyze unstructured data in conjunction with analytical tools to answer complicated business questions. As part of the model development team, you will be responsible of delivering solutions that meet business needs as well as any efforts related to model documentation and reviews to ensure the modeling processes and procedures meet corporate model risk policies and requirements.Â
As part of our CoE, we invest in you and your career. In addition to Wells Fargo benefits you may be eligible for, you'll have access to elite training platforms like O'Reilly and DataCamp, where you can learn from industry leading experts, along with many other internal and external subject specific education opportunities. Our diverse data science team ranges from university professors and experienced practitioners to data scientists new to the industry, creating a full spectrum of thought leadership and solution design. You'll be part of a team where there is room to grow, learn, contribute and participate in work being done on world class distributed computing platforms with the latest AI ML framework, both Open Source and licensed, that ultimately supports our customers and company. The AI ML CoE also gives you the opportunity to share your passion for data science through peer education and contributing to programs designed to make the practice more approachable, including one for experienced professionals moving into data science roles.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, and calibrate various analytical models
- Perform highly complex activities related to financial products, business analysis and modeling
- Perform basic statistical and mathematical models using Python, R, SAS, C++ and SQL
- Perform analytical support and provide insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Provide solutions to business needs and analyze work flow processes to make recommendations for process improvement in risk management
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, managers and regulators to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Design, develop, and deploy AI/ML models using state of the art NLP and ML techniques available in the open stack and/or vendor solutions
- Data visualization
- Communicating the results
- Responsible of model development document and monitoring processes
- Adhere to corporate model risk policy and ensure compliance with model risk management
- Working with other data science teams to identify, gather, retain, and publicize modeling artifacts required for approved and repeatable processes
- Contribute to NLP data science teams group effort to stay concurrent with the cutting edge and bleeding edge of NLP/ML/DL algorithms, methodologies in the open source community and vendor solutions.
- Work with AI technology and production teams to operationalize models
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Quantitative Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- Big Data experience
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- GitHub experience
- Experience with search engine libraries, such as, but not limited to Stanford NLP Library or Lucene search engine
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.