Senior Control Management Specialist - Auto|
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist within the Auto Control Team.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to resolve complex operational issues by performing root cause analysis, identifying and implementing corrective actions, and ensuring the solution is both effective and sustainable.Â
- Participate in the continuous improvement of issue management routines, support and mentor less experienced issue leads, and serve as a subject matter expert on the issues he or she support with key partners in Audit, Control, Compliance, Change Delivery, and Customer Remediation.Â Â
- Working closely with the line of business, the ideal candidate will have issue management or relevant business experience in a large bank environment along with strong communication and risk management skills in Compliance, Operational Risk, or related functions.
- Monitoring of key portfolio metrics and being a subject matter expertise on Issues Management routines.
- Proactively manage cross-functional, complex Issues and corresponding corrective actions across Wells Fargo Auto
- Perform root cause analysis, with data analysis evaluation of testing results, to ensure risks and mitigation strategies are thoroughly evaluated, vetted/approved with key partners and clearly communicated to management.
- Define or enhance controls to ensure they are effective, sustainable, and are designed to enable swift identification and resolution of issues.
- Work with all levels of management and key partners to obtain resources, influence outcomes, resolve conflicts to ensure on time delivery of sustainable solutions to business problems.
- Lead project team with sense of urgency, drive issues to closure, and foster a well-controlled and risk-focused operating environment.
- Provide thought leadership to optimize issue management solutions and create a collaborative relationship with key partner groups such as the Business, Control, Legal, and Compliance.
- Demonstrate, through data and analysis, issue solutions implemented are effective and sustainable.
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings with senior leaders, ensuring issue management information is provided in a clear and concise manner.Â
- Support or lead issue management reviews with key partners to ensure proper vetting and awareness of all potential issues, corrective actions, pending due dates, and implementation risks.
- Collaborate with key partners to support the implementation of technology, policy and procedure changes.Â
This position is located in Chandler, AZ, Tempe, AZ, Phoenix, AZ, Charlotte, NC, Fort Mill, SC, Des Moines, IA, Irving, TX, San Antonio, TX, Wilmington, DE, Atlanta, GA and Minneapolis, MN only.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to interact effectively with senior level leaders
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Experience with Auto Operations, Originations, Change Delivery, Issues Management, and/or Strategy and Administration
- Strong root cause analysis skills which will help to shape and guide effective corrective actions
- Knowledge and understanding of process change management
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue managementÂ
- Experience evaluating or testing solutions to ensure gaps are remediated and sustainable
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile project methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.