Met Lab/Quality Control Technician|
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a Linde company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performancecoatings and technologies to the aviation, energy, and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs, and produce high-quality products. Additional information may be found at www.praxairsurfacetechnologies.com.
The Metallurgical/Quality Control Lab Technician will report to the Quality Supervisor. The skill sets needed for this position are based on an aviation background – ISO 9001 & AS9100/AS9102 Quality Management Systems, and Lean Manufacturing Practices/Metrics/Reporting. This position ensures product conformity to establish requirements by evaluating product specimen against customer and/or engineering drawings, specifications, and related documents. The technician conducts material release, specimen preparation and evaluation, calibrations, product inspections, and documents results in various reports/logs in the Quality System Network. This position may also interface with Customers, Suppliers, and/or Regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Performs evaluations (coatings and weld structures for example) using Precision Measurement equipment/devices and various testing methods – metallographic, bend, scratch, oxidation, hardness, etching, etc.
- Coordinates calibration activities and maintain records of various tools, instruments and gauges used for Product acceptance or Verification/Validation.
- Ensures proper operation of measurement equipment by following operating instructions.
- Assists Engineering and Operations in the investigation of non-conformities.
- Materials Review and Release verification for Production use materials
- Conducts testing of aqueous cleaners and chemical coating solutions to determine concentration of solution as well as adjusting concentrations as necessary.
- Generates reports and photo-micrographs as required.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by following guidelines and procedures and complying with all applicable regulations.
- Assists contract review of customer orders ensuring adherence to all applicable specifications and other flow downs
- Ensures Maintains proper electronic documentation record of including Non-Conformances fine print details on all product certifications
- Maintains electronic records of Non-Conformances
- Communicate effectively and share information with other team members
- Assist, guide, or teach others as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualifications – Required
- Near Vision Acuity of 20/25 or better (Correction allowed) and ability to pass a Color-Blind Test
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine acceptability of product(s) based on established criteria
- Ability to lift-up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to self-manage (set and achieve goals) and work with limited supervision
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends
- Ability to transition to a split shift between 1st (start 6:45AM) and 2nd (start 3:15PM)
- Ability to obtain metallurgical evaluation approval via Internal testing and assessment and 3rd Party Assessment via MetCut (Cincinnati, OH)
- Ability to obtain Aerospace and Customer Source Qualification Approval - AS13001, GE Aviation, Pratt & Whitney, GKNA Aerospace, etc.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Experience working in Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices, Metrics, and Reporting
- 3 years of quality experience applying GD&T Principles and Practices a plus
- Knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Experience performing First Article Inspections and reporting in compliance to Customer and Regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, surface plates, micrometers, height gages, radius gages, bore gages, and dial calipers
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.