Senior Estate Advisory Specialist - Lead Fiduciary Advisory Specialist (LO)|
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Fiduciary Advisory Specialist (LO)...
Working at Wells Fargo | Jobs and Careers at Wells Fargo (wellsfargojobs.com)
The Estate Services team is looking for a fiduciary expert that is responsible for the proactive marketing, promotion, delivery, and oversight of death settlement services related accounts (estates, deceased grantor trusts, marital trusts, agency for personal representative or trustee accounts). The Lead Fiduciary Advisory Specialist (LO) position is seen as a subject matter expert and provides direct interaction with co-fiduciaries, centers of influence, and beneficiaries in a professional and empathetic manner which results in the delivery of outstanding client service by keeping them proactively informed on the death settlement process. Â Collaborative administration is provided through partnering with the FMS Administration, Estate and Fiduciary Tax, Investment Officer, Relationship Managers, Financial Advisors, operations, and other internal partners
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives in trust and estate matters, investment management, wealth transition, and financial planning
- Act as key participant in large scale planning for Fiduciary Advisory
- Review and analyze complex trust accounts in order to develop or expand relationships that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Interact with Accountants and Attorneys
- This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
Review and implement complex estate planning documents, identify problems and Â issues, offer solutions, manage beneficiary and COI expectations, work with internal partners, make post mortem elections, oversee the collection of assets, create plans of distribution, review fiduciary tax returns, deliver outstanding client service via proactive communication and status updates.
Ensuring that account administration proceeds in an efficient manner and in accordance with post mortem planning, regulatory, statutory requirements, and internal policies
Preliminary risk analysis
Review and interpretation of estate planning documents
Identifying compliance/risk and potential tax issues
Review of related documents (estate and gift tax returns, income tax returns, accountings, etc.)
A high level of expertise in death settlement and estate and fiduciary income tax fields is required.
Position requires a broad base of fiduciary knowledge, including estate administration, post mortem planning, retirement, insurance, time-value of money, and investments.
Must be able to see the 'big picture' with respect to a decedent's estate, issues for the beneficiaries and potential revenue opportunities for the Bank. Â As such, the Senior Estate Advisory Specialist (LO) 2 is responsible for growing the credibility and enhancing the reputation of Estate Services internally and externally. Contribute to growth of the wealth management business by promoting Agency for Personal Representative or Trustee and future fee business internally and externally through presentations, active participation in Client Relationship Group (CRG) team meetings, partnering with CRG teammates, and actively seeking opportunities to tell the Estate Services story. Coordinate the marshaling of information necessary to complete a well-informed pre-acceptance process to ensure the acceptance of quality business and proper pricing of services.
Specialty fiduciary expert that applies deep knowledge and skills in the area of trust and estate matters, investment management, wealth transition, and financial planning. May partner with a Relationship Manager or act as Relationship Manager in serving clients. Contributes to growth of the specialty wealth management business by participating in and initiating new client acquisition through leveraging fiduciary skills and specialized knowledge in the marketplace. In some cases, may administer and manage the risk of complex trust accounts in order to develop or expand relationships. Â As the relationship manager for a book of death settlement business, identifies and addresses issues with clients, underwriting/accepting new accounts, administering, terminating, distributes complex accounts. Proactively engages with clients in specialty wealth planning related conversations; collaborates with partners to develop and propose solutions. Communicates directly with clients, business partners and Centers of Influence including external resources i.e. accountants, attorneys, who are related to the client relationship as part of day to day administration. May be a team lead.
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 5+ years of Fiduciary Advisory experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years direct experience in administering estates and deceased grantor trusts as an attorney or trust officer
- Knowledge of complex estate planning, in-depth knowledge of estate, gift and fiduciary income tax laws
- Ability to read, interpret and explain will and trust documents, probate laws, tax provisions (estate, gift and GST including funding formula provisions)
- JD, LL.M, CFP or CTFA designations
- Experience in wealth management with high net worth clients of at least five million dollars
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of fiduciary law and federal regulations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
Pay Range$133,300.00 - $237,100.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.