Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Redwood City, CA United States
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Quality Control, Research & Development
Biorepository Technician (ONSITE - SHIFT: Tues - Fri, 7:30 am to 4 pm & Sat from 8 am to 4:30 pm)|
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
(This position is required to be onsite in the Redwood City facility. The shift will be Tuesdays through Friday; 7:30 am to 4 pm & Saturday from 8 am to 4:30 pm)
At Guardant Health, we are committed to positively and significantly impacting patient health through technology breakthroughs that pointedly address long-standing unmet needs in oncology. As the leader in the liquid biopsy field Guardant Health has information about the mutational landscapes of over 30,000 patients.
As an Biorepository Technician we are looking for someone who will be a vital link between internal Customer Service and the Clinical Lab personnel. The Biorepository Technician is responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing and recording samples sent for laboratory testing. The Biorepository Technician has demonstrated a good understanding of laboratory workflow. In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the Clinical Lab personnel on an as-needed basis. It is imperative that the Biorepository Technician have demonstrated the ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the Guardant Health team. The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
As part of the Biorepository Team, you will be responsible for:
- Support the Clinical Lab personnel with sample intake, accessioning and plasma isolation
- Receive, unpack and process incoming clinical specimens
- Enter and verify data in the LIS database
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging and isolating plasma from whole blood
- Resolve and document incomplete or unacceptable specimens
- Aliquot specimens and manage sample storage inventory
- Create sample batches, print labels and label tubes and batches
- Perform equipment maintenance and maintain equipment logs and records
- Keep laboratory equipment in good working condition by applying quality control measures, such as sterilization and greasing to avoid damages
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required
- Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request when necessary
- Clean racks and other laboratory supplies
- Carry out and maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory stock for daily operations.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel
If you are a dedicated Biorepository Technician with the following experience who holds:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred
- Previous laboratory work experience with sample intake, accessioning and plasma isolation, preferred
- Experienced with centrifuging and isolating plasma from whole blood, preferred
- Well versed in supporting the clinical lab personnel, preferred
- Knowledgeable of SCIENTIFIC AREA OF a Clinical Lab
- Familiar with documenting all corrective actions taken
- Strong computing skills, especially databases
- Dedicated to making a difference
- Driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Great communicator with great written and verbal fluency in English
- Detailed oriented with an appetite to drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
#LI-ONSITE, #LI-ONSITE, #LI-ON-SITE
Please visit our employer showcase!