Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Palo Alto, CA United States
|| Government and Policy, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Legal, Counseling, Executive Management, Research & Development
Employee Relations Manager|
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
Guardant Health is already helping thousands of cancer patients, and we are seeking an energetic Employee Relations Manager to start the ER function at Guardant Health. You will be charged with developing and overseeing the handling of all employee relations matters for the company. We’re looking for a collaborative, business-focused leader to join our team. If you are a hands-on leader who likes the player-coach role and wants to be part of a People team making a difference in the lives of cancer patients by helping the organization develop and retain its talent, we would like to hear from you. Our philosophy is Patient First, Team Second, and Individual Third.
What we will offer you:
- The chance to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization with an unmatched leadership team passionate about their employees.
- An opportunity to make a real impact on cancer patients with our cutting-edge diagnostic tests.
- A supportive, collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about the success of the organization.
- A place that will treat you fairly, provide competitive compensation, ongoing recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills.
- Fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living, and never a dull moment…
- Develop and manage a new employee relations function within Guardant Health People team. Drive the strategy to positively impact employee engagement and performance to become an employer of choice.
- Counsel employees regarding a wide range of issues and complaints, including employees in crisis. Protect sensitive information to the fullest extent possible.
- Ensure employee concerns are recognized and addressed, by conducting workplace investigations end-to-end, which includes creating an investigation plan, identifying, and understanding issues, conducting interviews, analyzing information preparing a comprehensive investigation report with conclusions and course of action to facilitate resolution of complaint.
- Consult, guide and train HRBPs and managers on resolution of employee issues and complaints, in a manner consistent with culture and legal parameters.
- Investigate complaints raised through external government agencies e.g., EEOC, partnering with internal and external legal counsel to respond.
- Influence positive change by being proactive in addressing issues.
- Utilize and analyze ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root causes.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on employment laws and appropriately applies information to employee relation matters.
- Effectively partner with various functional leaders and People team members.
- Proven success in resolving employee related issues, as well as interpreting policies and regulations. Strong issue resolution skills with ability to negotiate and resolve complex matters after reviewing the facts, while maintaining an objective and fair solutions-oriented approach.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies, and procedures. Knowledge of California laws is a must-have.
- Experience conducting investigations, including interview methods, techniques, and data analysis reporting
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize key insights gleaned from investigation data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Commitment to fostering and maintaining and environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationship with teammates, employees and managers and maintain constructive working relationship despite disagreement.
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking to make decisions in a manner consistent with company values.
- Able to be self-directed and able to handle complex concurrent issues with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, ability to process information quickly and concisely provide alternatives, adaptability to changing situations and environment needed for success.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
Please visit our employer showcase!