Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Palo Alto, CA United States
|| Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Science, Research & Development, Medical
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist - Algorithm Development (Remote Option)|
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Senior Bioinformatics Scientist will be proficient in collaborative, integrative, data-driven, computational analysis necessary to develop, launch, and innovate in all aspects of high-throughput oncology test product development and Real World Evidence analysis. As a part of the Bioinformatics and Oncology teams, you will have the opportunity to innovate and implement your ideas to constantly improve our product and analytics so that they are best suited for the changing landscape of clinical needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze large volumes of NGS data in order to draw conclusions from a rich database of historical test results.
- Design, prototype, and analyze statistical modeling approaches on NGS data.
- Communicate analysis results to stakeholders across computational and experimental teams.
- Contribute to a highly collaborative work environment, participating in brainstorming sessions and maintaining a motivating work environment.
- Develop reproducible analyses for research and development activities.
- Work with molecular biologists to troubleshoot and analyze technology development experiments from concept through launch.
- Write clear and precise reports for a technical audience.
- Work with members of the bioinformatics group, medical affairs, and epidemiologists to conduct integrative analysis with clinical data.
- Dedicated to make a difference in a rapid-paced environment
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- Experience with analysis of high-throughput sequencing data in the context of genomics, epigenomics or other applications.
- Strong background in statistical fundamentals and analysis, including inference approaches and iterative model development
- Experience developing and implementing novel methods in an open-ended data-limited setting
- Proficiency with a high level scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Proficiency with Linux command-line and version control tools (git and GitHub)
- Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- Familiar with regulated development environments
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
Please visit our employer showcase!