Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Redwood City, CA United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Biorepository Associate (ONSITE. SHIFT : Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm)|
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Biorepository Associate provides a vital link between internal customer service and the clinical operations team. The Biorepository Associate is responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing, and recording samples sent for laboratory testing under the supervision of the Biorepository Supervisor/Manager. The Biorepository Associate works with the Biorepository Technicians to coordinate tasks, divide the workload and manage projects. He/she has demonstrated a good understanding of the laboratory workflow.
In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide backup support (non-testing) to the Analytical and/or Post-Analytical team, on an as-needed basis. It is imperative that the Biorepository Associate has demonstrated the ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the Guardant Health team. The nature of the work requires keeping meticulous and organized records, excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the laboratory staff with sample intake and accessioning.
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking and processing all incoming clinical and non-clinical specimens.
- Responsible for entering and verifying data in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Verifies aspects of incoming samples and access acceptability of the sample testing.
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging whole blood tubes, isolating plasma, pooling plasma and preparing aliquots.
- Resolve and document incomplete or unacceptable specimens.
- Manage sample storage inventory and arranging sample transfers to various departments.
- Create sample batches, print labels and label tubes and batches.
- Perform equipment maintenance and maintain equipment logs and records.
- Keep laboratory equipment in good working condition by applying quality control measures, such as sterilization and greasing to avoid damages.
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required.
- Check, monitor and record temperatures of equipment and storage units and initiate a service request when necessary.
- Clean racks and other laboratory supplies.
- Carry out and maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory stock for daily operations.
- Work closely with the Leads of the Analytical, Post Analytical, Client Services, Reporting and Tech Dev Teams to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned and assist others as time allows.
- Assist in the update and development of SOPs pertaining to Biospecimen Management.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits and inspection preparation, as needed.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining laboratory, personnel and training documents.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Provide support, guidance and constructive feedback to Biorepository Technicians.
- Biorepository Associate may oversee Biorepository Technicians in the absence of Biorepository Supervisor and/or designee.
- Minimum of Associate Arts or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in a high complexity laboratory required AND a minimum of 1 year of sample accessioning experience required
- Pipetting experience required
- Previous experience with plasma isolation preferred
- Previous experience with Excel, Smartsheet, and Salesforce applications preferred
- Previous experience working with LIMS preferred
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the pre-analytical sample processing steps
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- Strong computing skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers, as needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and logs
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs;
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary;
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation;
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary; and
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
Please visit our employer showcase!