At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our San Francisco, California office.
HSBC is the largest trade finance bank in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognized by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
Reporting to the US Head of TMT Originations for GTRF, the role is responsible for collaborating with Coverage bankers on new originations and managing client relationships in the TMT sector. Key responsibilities include structuring transactions, transaction proposals/approvals, legal documentation negotiations and coordinating deal execution.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfill their hopes and realize their ambitions.
You will be responsible for:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers in the TMT sector to identify new sales opportunities and advise clients on the bank’s product offerings
- Proactively manage client relationships and originate new trade finance transactions
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within GTRF including Business Development, Business Portfolio Risk Management, Risk and Compliance, GTRF Services and Transaction Risk Management
- Lead deal execution including preparing approval materials, negotiating legal documentation and coordinating with internal partners
- Adhere to governance and compliance requirements
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Strong understanding of open account solutions including supply chain and receivables finance
- Specific industry experience in the Technology, Media and Telecom sector would be a plus
- Solid credit analytical skills and ability to demonstrate clear rationale based thinking
- Ability to manage deal execution, including legal documentation negotiations, necessary approvals and timelines
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) Degree in Finance, accounting or related fields
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities to ensure you have the right skills for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a robust Wellness Hub, all in a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work environment. You will be empowered to drive HSBC’s engagement with the communities we serve through an industry-leading volunteerism policy, a generous matching gift program, and a comprehensive program of immersive Sustainability and Climate Change Initiatives. You’ll want to join our Employee Resource Groups as they play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and networking inside and outside of HSBC. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank of the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.