CO2 Production Technician|
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
Location: Marmet, WV
Linde U.S. Gases is currently seeking a Production Technician based in Marmet, WV. This is a key role that will be primarily responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of an Air Separation Plant located in Marmet, WV while supporting the safe operation of an Air Separation Plant. This is a challenging and rewarding assignment that requires sound technical abilities in operations, instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems with training provided in site-specific applications.
The Production Technician must demonstrate initiative in handling issues, be self-motivated, dependable, and work with minimal supervision. In this role, the technician will operate all aspects of the Air Separation Plant from shutdown to start-up and be available for plant callouts regarding operational issues that arise outside of normal working hours. In addition, this role will at times require overtime, holiday, after hours work, and plant turnaround support.
- Startup, operate, and maintain the air separation plant and all associated tanks, controls, and truck fill systems.
- Coordinate scheduling of planned maintenance and perform preventative maintenance on plant components.
- Monitor process performance and make appropriate adjustments to remedy deviations and align to the specified norm.
- Read and interpret P&ID’s, Electrical Schematics, One Line Diagrams, Equipment Manuals, and Organizational Procedures.
- Perform analyzer calibrations, field instrumentation, and demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot control system problems.
- Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, boiler systems, and valves.
- Perform lock-out-tag-out, HWP’s, and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability and reliability.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dependable and honest.
- Safety commitment and compliance with procedures.
- Safe driving.
- Organization and time management.
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics.
- Maintenance and repairs.
- Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation.
- Computers, Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams), process control computer systems, maintenance and compliance documentation.
- Excellent communications, both verbal and written.
- Quality controls, analyzers.
- Organization and time management.
- Self-directed learning.
- Planning and project management.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School Diploma required.
- 2- 5 years of Operations experience highly desirable in many of the following fields:
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial Mechanical
- Industrial Electrical or Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Military technical fields
- Engineers, Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine Technicians, Boiler Technicians and Nuclear technicians, among others
- Associate Degree in a technical field.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.