Distribution Sales Manager - Pharma Segment|
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the worldâ€™s toughest challenges.
Location/Division Specific Information
Research Safety Market within the Customer Channels Group
Discover Impactful Work:
You will be responsible for supporting the Industry Director with building relationship and account management at customers with approximately $1 Million or greater potential, within a specific segment, and ensures market penetration and profitability at these accounts, while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Industry Manager will support the Industry Director with all account development activities including account strategy execution and management, ongoing communication of value proposition and value-added programs and services, resource coordination, price management, initiation of RFP responses, where applicable, and achievement of forecasted profitable growth.
A day in the Life:
- Support corporate relationships by understanding customer life cycle and contract timeframes
- Coordinate needs and opportunity assessments across locations
- Support post program enrollment implementation by; Driving contract conversion & compliance; Product optimization and supplier tiering management; Coordination with customer & internal resources; Measuring customer satisfaction and developing strategies to improve; Coordinating, communicating, and supporting business development initiatives and strategies with managers/sales representatives; Evaluating customer performance for contract compliance; Conducting business reviews with customers
- Demand support by driving data request (all reporting, pricing, billing, integration support, etc.), and coordination of Membership events & shows
Keys to Success:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; MBA preferred
- Meaningful work experience within sales; a strong background in science and the specific industry segment is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow senior level customer relationships across multiple areas like Sourcing, Production, Research, Materials Management
- Proven sales record
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong financial analysis, negotiation, and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills in a matrix environment
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must; contact management software a plus
- Demonstration of the 4i Values, Integrity, Innovation, Involvement and Intensity
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.