Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Palo Alto, CA United States
|| Administrative and Support Services, Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Staff Software Engineer in Test - LIMS|
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its screening program, which aims to address the needs of asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening.
Guardant Health is looking for an energetic and passionate Staff Software Engineer to join its growing Software Quality Engineering team. This team is responsible for delivering the product functionality needed to support the laboratory workflow for a number of its market leading cancer diagnostic tests as well as integration with various oncology systems.
An Ideal candidate would have experience working in a regulated environment with thorough knowledge of Quality Engineering best practices and technical expertise to deliver software products meeting the business needs in an efficient and fast paced environment. This role requires someone who is adept at understanding system architecture, design, implementation to succinctly develop tailored test strategy and deliver quality software products meeting regulatory standards. The candidate should have the aptitude to work on parallel projects with overlapping schedules, quickly learn new technologies, demonstrate teamwork and technical leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Agile scrum team and work on Software Quality Engineering tasks.
- Design and execute test coverage for various functional and integration aspects of the Enterprise Lab Information Management System (LabVantage).
- Partner with software development teams and stakeholders to ensure Company Lab Information Management System of highly complex genetic data meet or exceed our quality standards.
- Apply appropriate test methodologies including but not limited to writing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts within the sprint schedule.
- Create test cases in Jama and execute them to support scheduled releases.
- Troubleshoot issues identified during testing and report defects; able to distinguish between user error and application anomalies.
- Perform System Integration testing at the end of functional sprints prior to product release.
- Provide clear and concise feedback on defects, usability, and other test findings/results.
- Identify and advocate testing standards and processes as needed within the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule.
- Provide coaching to other team members for designing test strategies and test cases.
- Primary role as a manual tester with potential for some aspects of automation.
- Execute complex testing scenarios, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results independently.
- Establish cross-functional relationships across business and technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure alignment with business goals and enterprise-level architectural standards.
- Apply QE standards, best practices, and principles to develop quality plans that deliver optimal outcomes across multiple products.
- Deliver test documentation to support software development for medical devices in compliance with FDA, CE mark, IEC 62304, PMDA and ISO 13485 standards.
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project experience.
- 12+ years of hands-on testing experience in Service Oriented Architecture environment using COTS/SaaS solutions with API led integrations.
- 5+ years of experience in testing integrations in a hybrid environment leveraging HL7/XML/JSON message formats.
- 5+ years of performing verification and validation activities in medical device, pharma or healthcare regulated environments.
- 5+ years of experience using databases like Postgres, Oracle, MSSQL Server or MongoDB.
- 5+ years of experience in test preparation activities within an Agile Development Process – Test Design, Test scripting, Test Data creation.
- 5+ years of API test tools like Postman, Fiddler, SOAPUI required.
- Designed test automation to support CI/CD pipeline for software delivery.
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and design test strategies.
- Extensive experience in good testing practices, methodologies, and automated tools.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous cross-functional software quality related problems.
- Expertise in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends, anomalies and proactively resolve problems.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and narrowing down system integration issues and performing root cause analysis.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining SDLC documentation such as Verification Plan, Report, Risk Assessment and Traceability Matrix, etc.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver software releases in frequent cycles using agile methodology.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, SOX, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and other FDA regulations) is desired.
- Working experience in the MuleSoft platform is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in-person/onsite collaboration and work-from-home days for individual-focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work-life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this Policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to Peopleteam@guardanthealth.com
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
Please visit our employer showcase!