Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Palo Alto, CA United States
|| Administrative and Support Services, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Senior Manager, People Operations|
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its screening program, which aims to address the needs of asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening.
The Guardant Health Senior Manager, People Operations role is a key leadership position within the People Team. This position will be responsible for managing our People Team Roadmap and prioritizing projects and the people management responsibilities of our high-performing People Operations team.
The People Ops team is responsible for data operations within Workday and for coordinating complex processes like offboarding, annual compensation and merit cycle, annual performance cycle, Covid testing program management, etc. Also, to ensure a best-in-class employee experience and smooth coordination with cross-functional partner teams –payroll/finance, benefits, etc.
This position focuses on building a Best In Class People Ops Team – ensuring scalable processes are in place to best support our Guardant Health employee population globally as we rapidly grow and scale. We are building for the future – not for today. This role will report to the Senior Director of People Technology and Operations. It will also sit on the People Leadership Team, working closely with the Head of People and the rest of the senior People Team Center of Excellence Leaders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a thought partner, leader, strategist, problem solver, team enabler, and barrier remover
- Work with People Leadership Team to build a comprehensive roadmap of all projects across the People Team – ensuring we have best practices around project management in place for each and that we are doing regular reports outs of at-risk projects
- Ensure strong governance is in place for each project to enable more effective execution and higher quality outputs
- Be a Leader focused on Coaching - we have a high performing Ops team of the next round of rock stars – help them achieve their potential through a focus on growth, development, Coaching, and stretch opportunities aligned with their interests
- Build, Maintain, Optimize and Execute Strategic Processes across our COE’s and People Team Programs – whether it be answering and supporting Manager questions or helping Employees navigate the People team landscape to ensure a positive and thorough experience
- Be a Design Thinker focused on best-in-class Employee Experience within our processes
- Be a successful Project Manager – there are a variety of “Customer Experience” and Capability projects we need to get done – some small, some large – track, report, and make progress on these initiatives in an organized fashion leveraging standardized templates, PM discipline and playbooks if needed.
- Identify automation opportunities that can be implemented with our HRIS function
- Be Agile – priorities shift, and you may have an idea none of us have thought of yet – partner with leadership to figure out how to change work accordingly to get the right work done at the right time
- Focus on Innovation with the Employee at the center of the People Team experience
- Be a Partner! Whether it be to your own team, leadership, our partner COE’s, finance, Payroll, IT, etc. An emphasis on positive relationships and partnership is required.
- An Eye for Data – we need to develop a data operations and position management function. We need someone focused on the details, how to manage the accuracy, and build the processes to support these functions. Also, partnering with HRIS and IT to build any technology you need to make your team most successful!
- Define Roles and Responsibilities and Data Governance as needed to ensure the success of the individuals within the Operations team
- Change Agent! We are growing rapidly – the company and our People Team – and there is a lot of change to manage. We need to manage change, not adversely to impact our employee population. Thinking through innovative and comprehensive change plans using a variety of communication channels to ensure the adoption of our programs and
What we’re ideally looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Innovative and collaborative growth mindset
- five-plus years’ experience in an Operations or Project Management role or equivalent experience
- Prior Workday experience
- Prior people and team leadership experience
- Strong HR Operational knowledge required
- Strong Focus on Data Operations
- Project management experience (PMP Preferred but not required)
- Strong analytical skills; highly detail-oriented
- MS Office with Excel expert user
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in-person/onsite collaboration and work-from-home days for individual-focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work-life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to Peopleteam@guardanthealth.com
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
Please visit our employer showcase!