||Phoenix, AZ United States
|| Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Purchasing, Executive Management, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Corporate Merch Planner|
About the Team
It's no surprise people are passionate about the health and happiness of their pet and our Merchandising (buying) team is no different. When it comes to the products and solutions in our stores, our incredible teams of merchandising associates have everything covered – from head to tail! From keeping up with the top trends to developing new, innovative solutions, our buyers help ensure every pet parent can find exactly what their pet needs at PetSmart. Join our team and show your love for pets by creating products as special as pets themselves!
About the Job
The Corporate Merch Planner delivers Merchandise performance through corporate initiative forecasting and measurement, competitive and market growth/changes along with extensive ad-hoc modeling and forecasting. This position requires an exceptional analytical skill set along with business acumen to effectively analyze the business and make impactful recommendations. The Corporate Merch Planner will be responsible for using data and predictive analytics to drive profitable course of action and to set the analytical foundation for financial plans and targets. In addition to that, this role will:
- Support the business to track merchandise and enterprise initiatives for target setting and measurement.
- Aid in the identification of risk and opportunities and communicate in a timely manner to the business, recommending strategies to achieve financial goals and protect inventory investments.
- Integrate all processes and systems to fully optimize plan accuracy, efficiency, and inventory productivity.
- Execute extensive data mining to consolidate and clearly communicate analytical findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with the Sr Manager and Sr Planner to drive Corporate Planning initiatives.
- Use consumer insights and data combined with a structured test and learn approach to identify and maximize growth opportunities.
- Actively create planning models and lead special projects that strengthen accuracy and drive growth opportunities across merchandising
- Understand and communicate overall division strategy vision, policies, resources, and execution plans to align to the corporate strategy.
- Provide analytics to support decision making for good/better/best pricing proportions, inventory and space productivity, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a business, analytics or supply chain focus
- 3 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microstrategy (or equivalent) required and SQL experience highly preferred
- JDA Enterprise Planning (or equivalent) experience preferred
- Demonstrate ability to develop analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. critical and evaluative thinking) required to influence decisions by creating an effective case of action.
- Knowledge of planning practices, revenue/margin components, and alignment of merchandising, inventory, promotional, and assortment strategies
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required. Ability to communicate effectively across many levels within the organization
- Experience in user training and classroom facilitation
- Collaborative Skills: ability to partner across departments to drive decisions.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptionally effective Excel and PowerPoint skills
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/