||Rapid City, SD United States
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Other / General, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Medical
ABOUT OUR STORES:
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets. If you have a passion for pets, a Pet Trainer at PetSmart might be a great fit for you. You’ll lead the pack (well, class) in terms of teaching engaging classes to pet parents for all stages of their pet’s lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a PetSmart Pet Trainer, you'll take part in our Pet Training Instructor Accreditation Program to learn proven techniques developed by leading dog trainers. When you complete the course, you'll emerge as a trusted Accredited Dog Trainer specializing in dog behavior and learning theory.
Upon completion, you’ll be hands-on with pets and leading our Pet Training Programs. Through our broad range of class programs, you will:
- Teach classes to a variety of dog breeds, sizes and ages
- Lead each class with an emphasis on the safety and comfort for pets and pet parents
- Show patience to pet parents when training their very excited puppy
- Guide pets through our NEW (retail’s first ever) Pet Therapy Training Program
- Have a lot of fun.
- Build strong bonds with all two legged and four legged members of your class!
ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
While “sit” and “stay” are common words in our classes, they do not describe your career! Just as we are there for pets at every stage of their lives, we’ll be with you at every stage of your career, too. With PetSmart, you will have opportunities to:
- Gain experience in a different business unit—from the store to the salon or the Pets Hotel
- Develop your leadership skills as a department manager
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
We’ve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could above—but the best parts of working at PetSmart can’t be fully described in the job description.
- It’s the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
- It’s the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- It’s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he’s taken!
- It’s the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- It’s the celebration of Bella’s birthday, Gizmo’s graduation from puppy classes or Ace’s adoption.
- It’s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Apply now to experience a career that loves you back.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 (except in Montana or where otherwise required by local or state law)
For applicants in our Waterloo, San Francisco, or Los Angeles locations: Pursuant to the Waterloo and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as well as the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the law