||WELLS FARGO BANK
||Des Moines, IA
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Human Resources, Legal, Military, Sales, Counseling, Research & Development
Lead Counsel - Treasury Management|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Counsel as part of the Treasury Management Section of the Commercial Banking Legal Division.Â For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
Responsibilities include research and providing legal advice with respect to commercial deposits products, treasury management services and payments systems.Â Â Specific responsibilities within these areas of specialization include providing support to internal Wells Fargo Commercial Banking lines of business (including Government Banking and Middle Market Banking) with respect to deposits, treasury management services and payments systems; drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts; drafting and reviewing policies and procedures; advising clients regarding existing, new and modified treasury management products and services and emerging payments systems; marketing reviews; and evaluating the impact of changes in laws and regulations.Â
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives with broad impact and act as a key participant in large scale planning
- Provides guidance to senior management on complex legal and regulatory matters with significant impact on business initiatives, strategy, and performance
- Assess legal risk associated with all risk types and develops strategies for reducing legal exposure.
- Lead analysis of and response to legal, regulatory, reputational, compliance, and policy matters within area of expertise
- Identify and analyze complex legal issues, develop conclusions, and make recommendations for issue resolution
- Serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Take an active role in the development, oversight, and delegation of tasks to more junior staff.
- May lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- 5+ years of law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership
- Experience as a practicing attorney in financial services is highly desired
- Knowledge of UCC articles 3, 4 and 4A, FDIC and other federal banking regulations, and NACHA operating rules
- Experience supporting treasury or cash management businesses
- Government or other contract negotiation experience
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters.
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.