||Elizabethtown, KY United States
|| Administrative and Support Services, Customer Service and Call Center, Human Resources, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Broadcasting/Communications, Quality Control, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Associate Resource Manager|
Department: LOU Front End
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Store Management (dotted line to Human Resources)
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform all in-store Human Resources functions related to - talent development, total rewards administration, associate engagement, associate relations, and workforce planning. Provide overall store leadership on a limited, as-needed basis. Role model and demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively and passively recruit quality candidates to fill store level positions
- Ensure adequate staffing to meet current and projected business needs
- Effectively use available technologies to track, support and assist with performance management initiatives
- Process product recalls
- Conduct global price comparisons per division guidelines.
- Support the training and development of staff through required programs
- Support and oversee qualification processes for classified positions
- Ensure completion of performance reviews for departments heads and new-hire associates
- Utilize knowledge of company total reward programs for all store-level associates to provide education to associates about their total rewards.
- Coordinate engagement activities reaching all store associates in all departments
- Actively support creation and implementation of Associate Insight action plans
- Advise supervisor of significant events affecting store associates
- Champion in-store communications such as newsletters, updates, Associate Avenue, huddles, etc.
- Assist in the execution of store special events including fundraisers
- Support the store Cultural Council and associated activities.
- Implement and/or support associate rewards and recognition programs
- Conduct job interviews, including exit interviews
- Oversee new hire associates onboarding activities, including conducting new hire orientation.
- Understand and comply with the collective bargaining agreements
- Provide management oversight of human resource operational metrics
- Ensure compliance with Company uniform policies and programs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Secure and maintain all employee records in accordance to company policies and governmental regulations
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in Human Resources related activities
- Intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to take on tasks outside of expertise
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to achieve objectives through others
- Aptitude for Customer Service
- Ability to travel independently, as required.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Associate or Bachelors Degree
- Retail Supervisory Experience
- Experience in strategically projecting hiring needs in each department
- Strong Human Resources Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of state and federal labor laws
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.