||Carrollton, GA United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Manufacturing and Production, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Logistics, Quality Control, Writing/Authoring
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within thedepartment and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customer's requests using proper deli equipment.
- Prepare deli/bakery/bistro items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli/bakery/bistro specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to preventshrink.
- Recommend deli/bakery/bistro items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in deli/bakery/bistro such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to Company standards.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe etc.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: GA||Carrollton|| 1355 S. Park St. ||30117 || Kroger Stores||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None