Apprentice Meat Cutter|
Perform meat cutting and preparation, meat stocking and rotation duties. Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Demonstrate sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions, escort customers to products theyre looking for and thank them for their business.
- Gain/maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and respond to questions/make suggestions about products/recipes.
- Learn retail cutting techniques; demonstrate proficiency in sawing, boning, cutting, trimming, grinding, weighting, trying and wrapping techniques.
- Meet daily production needs and quality meat cutting standards; follow daily cutting lists and complete work in allotted time.
- Effectively communicate with customers and inform them of meat and seafood specials; offer samples to help customers discover new items/products.
- Provide customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered in the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Operate equipment (e.g., meat saw, bone scraper, knives, slicer, grinder, cuber, tenderizer, bulker, scales, pallet jack, flatbed, racks, wrapping machine, intercom, telephone) according to company guidelines.
- Maintain the meat case; follow the merchandising plan, restock to maintain maximum selection, rotate product and pull outdated product.
- Receive and process meat shipments correctly; verify product, invoice and logs match, ensure quality standards, follow security protocol and rotate cooler properly.
- Clean/sanitize equipment cases, work area and sales floor utilizing personal protective equipment (e.g., rain suit, metal mesh gloves); breakdown equipment per procedures.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently lifting/carrying objects 30 to 95 lbs., pushing/pulling objects 150 to 2,000 lbs., reaching, kneeling, bending/stooping, squatting, standing, turning, walking on uneven ground or wet surfaces and extended exposure to cold temperatures (28-32 degrees). Occasionally climb ladders and lift/carry more than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Attention to detail
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Metro Market:At Metro Market, our values are rooted in the Midwest we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. Its these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, youll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Wauwatosa|| 6950 W. State St. ||53213 || Roundy's||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None