Facility Engineering Refrigeration/HVAC Technician 3|
Department: Enterprise Facility Engineering
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Facility Engineering Maintenance Group Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: MR3
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide equipment, refrigeration and HVAC maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures.
- Perform repairs to systems.
- Navigate and investigate electronic controls interfaces.
- Assist with and perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures to buildings and equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment.
- Perform compressor, large motor and component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years proven refrigeration/HVAC experience and satisfactory overall performance
- EPA Type 2 Certification
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use control manufacturers software
- Must hold and maintain a valid drivers license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- Supervisory experience
Leadership Behaviors:Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, clickhere.
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 75%
Required Certifications/Licenses: EPA Certification Class 1 and 2; Driver's License
Keywords: HVAC, Technician, Refrigeration