||Grafton, VA United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Human Resources, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Manufacturing and Production, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Counseling, Logistics, Writing/Authoring
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Assist with activities in the pharmacy department including preparation of prescriptions, helping to maintain the actual day-to-day business of the department in a manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Pharmacy Technicians may receive refill requests over the phone, obtain health information, perform computer data entry, gather medications for use in prescription preparation (always checked by a Pharmacist), order medications and process received orders, assist in maintaining pharmacy department records, assist patients in locating over-the-counter medications, ring purchases on the cash register, and perform housekeeping of the pharmacy department space. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honestly, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Create an environment that enable customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store.
- Inform customers of pharmacy specials or promotions
- Stay current on present, future, seasonal, and special ads.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
- Operate cash registers and computers
- Counting and pouring prescription medications
- Help patients who are dropping off or picking up prescriptions orders with prompt and friendly service.
- Screen telephone calls for the pharmacists.
- Verify customers receive the correct prescription(s) and correctly make "offer of pharmacist counseling."
- Place Computer Assisted Ordering and Cardinal orders.
- Communicate medication information to prescribers and their agents for refill requests.
- Restock inventory while ensuring proper rotation.
- Monitor inventory for overstock or expired medications.
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques.
- Participate in mandatory training programs and weekly huddle sessions.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- High School education or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to respect confidentiality of patient data
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 1 year of customer service related experience
- 1 year of healthcare related experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certified
- Second language (speaking, reading, and/or writing)
- Retail experience
Required Certifications/Licenses:Pharmacy Board License
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: VA||Grafton|| 6500-C George Washington Memorial Hwy ||23692 || Kroger Stores||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Pharmacy ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| Pharmacy Board License