Murray's Cheese Shop Clerk|
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Responsible for learning and supporting a full-service Murray's experience that will embody the food passion, cheese knowledge, interactive customer service, and industry leading merchandising that is uniquely Murray's Cheese. Work closely with in store Murray's Cheese Master to create an environment of outgoing, personal, theatrical cheese retailing within the store environment. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cut, wrap, and merchandise cheese and related grocery items.
- Active demoing within the Murray's Cheese Shop, Deli and other areas.
- Proactive customer service: ongoing conversations and tasting with customers.
- Daily cheese tastings to develop product expertise; must be willing to taste cheese every day.
- Contribute to target sales and gross profit goals.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Comply with Murray's operations manual and ensuring consistently fully stocked, fresh, signed, rotated product selection.
- Complete Murray's Basic Skills Training and Murray's Red Jacket Training.
- Create and maintain Murray's Boutique experience: education, service, effective cross-selling, merchandising, pushing and promoting designated products.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- A strong desire to learn, enthusiasm for the product, and an interest and willingness to try new and innovative approaches.
- Interest in, and openness to try, cheese daily
- Easily conveys ideas at the appropriate level based on audience
- Retail experience
- Super Foodie and supportive of cheese business initiatives
- Able to inspire, motivate customers while ensuring successful completion of all assigned tasks
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Prior food handling.
- Supervisory skills.
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MI||Commerce Township|| 2905 Union Lake Rd ||48382 || Kroger Stores||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None