||Westland, MI United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Manufacturing and Production, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Logistics, Writing/Authoring
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Direct and supervise all functions,duties and activities for the Deli department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Deli operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect,honesty,integrity,diversity,inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company,department,and job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local,state and federal laws,and company guidelines.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customers' requests using proper deli equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend deli items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the fryer,rotisary,heat lamps,and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products.
- Create and execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present,future,seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily,weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs..
- Plan,organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks,or issues,and illegal activity,including: robbery,theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting,addition,and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Retail experience
- Deli experience
- Second language (speaking,reading and/or writing)
Shift(s):Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MI||Westland|| 36430 Ford Rd ||48185 || Kroger Stores||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None