ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB is seeking a Traffic Engineer to support traffic data collection and traffic data analyses for National Park Service (NPS) locations. The selected candidate would be embedded in a client’s office in Lakewood, Colorado where the NPS Traffic Program operates and maintains over 150 permanent traffic count stations in some 50 parks and will be implementing a program to expand traffic data collection and analysis with 600 short-term count stations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with 1-3 years of Experience (traffic background preferred)
- Experience with traffic monitoring practices and creating/utilizing a traffic database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be a US Citizen and pass a federal background check
- Redevelop and manage the NPS coverage count program, which will be comprised of approximately 600 short-term count stations
- Analyze traffic data in select parks for traffic patterns
- Assist NPS Manager in the creation of monthly and annual traffic count reports for each park
- Provide QA/QC support for the coverage count data
- Conduct field work, scoping new count stations and/or inspecting/repairing existing count stations and creating inspection reports
- Work with park units to troubleshoot and replace malfunctioning traffic count station components
- Work with park units to conduct their annual inspections and review results
- Drive Federal government vehicles
- Travel to parks/sites – Candidate is anticipated to travel approximately 4-6 times per year
Hiring Salary Range - $64,900 - $82,350. However, the final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits Clause - Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.