||Fort Collins, CO United States
|| Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Meat Head Clerk Store 9|
Department: KS Meat/Seafood
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $24.63/hour
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Assist in directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold within the department; offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about; inform customers of specials.
- Cut meats to customers' requests using proper cutting equipment and provide customers with fresh/frozen products they have ordered.
- Use all equipment in meat such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, saws and grinders according to company guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Assist with planning, organizing and supervising the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines; maintain country of origin labeling compliance and grind-log compliance
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Meat experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To supportand reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
Wewant the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where youll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO||Fort Collins|| 1015 S Taft Hill Rd ||80521 || King Soopers||None||Meat/Seafood ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None