Asset Management Services – Solution Architect
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities, and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software, and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Asset Management Services Team has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Solution Architect in the United States (NAM). The essential responsibility of the Solution Architect is to ensure that projects utilizing the Schneider Electric suite of software and solutions are designed, developed, and deployed in an efficient and consistent manner minimizing cost and risk. Deployed solutions and implementations must meet the end-user business requirements.
- Work with Project Teams to define the best technical approach to meet customer business requirements using one or more Schneider offerings.
- Facilitate and define the technology strategy for projects with Product and Architecture teams to ensure alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Lead technical architecture and business requirements gathering workshops and develop resulting documentation.
- Lead the design and documentation of proposed customer solutions based on defined requirements, including data model schema definition, functional requirements, integrations.
- Work directly with other groups within the Delivery organization to develop and validate proposed solutions and designs.
- Lead solution design review sessions and obtain design approval from customers.
- Provide technical guidance to other members of the project team.
- Prepare project analysis, design, functional and interface specification documentation.
- Perform system, database, application, and network capacity planning for clients.
- Support the development and maintenance of group expertise of the utility business, workflows, and applicable technologies.
- Keep track and enforce Solution and Product Roadmaps.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or geography (or related field with computer emphasis)
- 5+ years related work experience in software/systems development preferably in the Utility industry.
- 5+ years of related experience in GIS (Esri).
- Experience working with electric, gas, water, or telecom/fiber domains.
- Experience designing and implementing Enterprise Software Solutions and Server-Side Services.
- Experience designing and implementing System Integrations (OMS, WMS, CIS, SCADA, DMS, AMI, or EAM preferred), Documentation, Testing & Installation of technical solutions.
- Experience with Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Linux, Networking, Web Servers, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting.
- Proven capability in Software and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes
- Experience in one of the following architectural domains: Enterprise Systems, Data Design and Architecture, Integration Architecture, Solution Design, Business Architecture
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman) is highly desirable
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL preferred.
- Experience with Spatial and Non-Spatial database design.
- Experience with architecting and designing infrastructure and operational support processes
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally about 25% of the time
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.