||Great Bend, KS United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Retail/Wholesale, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Store Leader Store #51|
Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the store including training and developing effective store associates to achieve desired sales and EBITDA results. Responsible for the coaching and development of all store associates through both formal and informal interactions. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Lead store teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operation initiatives.
- Work with store Assistant Store Managers, Department Managers and store associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to guarantee implementation.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, revenue and profit budgets, as well as other targeted goals.
- Drive cost effective sales working with Assistant Store Managers and Department Managers to produce and maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department's contribution.
- Regularly discuss store-level financial performance to include developing budgets and other targeted goals with Assistant Store Managers and Department Managers.
- Understand and react to the competitive landscape within the district and store.
- Demonstrate inclusionary leadership, expect inclusive behavior from associates, and support the efforts of the Store, District, and Division Cultural Councils.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to enable store departments to achieve financial goals and ensure communication, implementation and execution of division marketing plan.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations that the store serves.
- Build a proactive and productive relationship with union officials, if store is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Communicate all necessary information to store associates enabling them to effectively carry out their duties.
- Responsible for store staffing, retention, and reducing turnover.
- Provide timely feedback to store associates on individual and department performance.
- Manage labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and division policies.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Guarantee associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess high school degree or equivalent.
- Have successfully completed the applicable Division's Management Training Program.
- Three years of experience and satisfactory performance appraisals as an Assistant Store Manager or in another position within the same pay level or above.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Retail experience of at least 3 years, preferably at least 5.
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management.
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview:Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS||Great Bend|| 4107 10Th St ||67530 || Dillons||None||Store Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| Other