Vice President, Service Delivery Management|
VP, Service Delivery Management Legal, Research, Content and Shared Services
The CIO (Chief Information Office) organization in Thomson Reuters provides shared capabilities spanning Service Management, Digital Commerce, Platforms Engineering, and Architecture. The CIO organization is driving a change to bring closer alignment of our technology work to the product and business outcomes. The services from CIO are delivered through a shared capability model and implemented by a strong, talented, diverse set of global teammates. Using modern technology, platforms and services, and closer alignment with business stakeholders, we focus on customers while making it easier for our internal consumers to use our services.
The Service Management organization within CIO is responsible for the live operations of TR products is looking for a VP, Service Delivery Management to lead the service organization responsible for the Legal, Research, Content and Shared components. The successful candidate will be responsible for the live operations of all TR products across these industries, which include some of Thomson Reuters most mission-critical and highest revenue-earning products.
About the Role: In this opportunity as VP, Service Delivery Management, you will:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and oversight of the Service Management organization responsible for Thomson Reuters products in the Legal, Research and Content product segments and a number of Shared Service components that underpin products in other segments.
- Lead a global and diverse team of c350 application reliability and operations engineering professionals to deliver reliable 24x7 operations, meeting business expectations across the product/service portfolio with continuous improvement, customer-centricity and personal accountability among its core values.
- Maintain visibility across the Service Management function as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and the CIO Extended Leadership Team demonstrating our core values and promoting the Service Management strategy.
- Lead end-to-end resolutionof incidentswithin the domain, serving as the senior management escalation and executive communications point during major issues.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the legal business executive team on all service matters affecting the legal business, its colleagues and/or its customers
- Drive service &engineeringimprovements and establish end-to-end servicethinking &customer journey-ledworking across the portfolio.
- Partner with Product leadership to define operational and non-functional requirements, present business cases for funding prioritization and develop roadmap.
- Partner with application development and engineering teams to deliver operational readiness for new products, features and technologies.
- Partner with other Service Management functions to develop and adopt standards and best practice for Service Operations across Thomson Reuters, including the development and adoption of our strategic operating model and tooling.
- Partner with Finance, Risk and other corporate functions to safely and successfully deliver Service Management to TR and its customers.
- Lead and collaborate with external service providers, driving effective partnership and customer-centric forward thinking with them.
- Partner with security, infrastructure, and service governance teams to deliver compliance with internal and external standards, expectations and certifications.
- Effectively articulate complex technical concepts, problems and solutions to audiencesof varied seniority and technical acumen.
- Drive culture change required to support cloud operations as we continue our migration from on-prem to cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Manage talent effectively, building diverse teams, promoting growth and development of internal talent and planning for progression and succession and mentoring future leaders.
- Some international travel will be required due to the global nature of the business and the Service Management function.
About You: Youre a fit for the role of VP, Service Delivery Management, if you have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required, preferably in a software engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years of leadership experience in software development and/or technology infrastructure and operations.
- A solid understanding of enterprise-level software and services, and key concepts in the development, maintenance and operation of such products.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and the use of modern Cloud and SaaS technologies and systems.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, presentation, documentation, troubleshooting and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to flex styles to work well with a range of stakeholders from extremely technical engineers to non-technical business leaders.
- A management style that is collaborative, energetic, and results-oriented and ability to work with others to develop joint solutions and break down internal barriers.
- Ability to influence others and drive consensus across technical and non-technical stakeholder groups, including Business, Product Management and Engineering partners.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and are motivated by complex technical and business challenges.
Whats in it for you?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Weve adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters caf networking.
- Social Impact: Nine employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that weve never talked about with as much pride as we should we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, weve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the worlds most global news services Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.