||Eagan, MN United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Publishing, Quality Control, Research & Development, Environmental, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
#3 Operator in Press - 2nd shift|
We are hiring a Press Operator for our printing plant team in Eagan, Minnesota. As a #3 Press Operator, you will be responsible for working as a member of our Core Publishing Solutions team providing operational management and technical support. You will be operating state-of-the-art offset and digital web presses. For this role, you would also be eligible for $2,500 in sign-on bonuses after the first 3 months of employment. We have also increased the shift differential for 2nd shift to $4 per hour.
Hours of Work Eagan, Minnesota
- 2nd shift 2:30 pm 10:30 pm
- Occasional overtime up to 4 hours per day and occasional weekend shifts
About the Role
In this opportunity as a #3 Press Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the crew on the press, performing setup and production activities, typically on the back-end of the presses to ensure the press is running smoothly
- Preparing for upcoming jobs by reading the DSR and job specifications, as well as staging materials
- Quality checking products for our customers, completing transactions, bundling and tagging products
- Filling in for Lead and Mid-Level Operators as needed including covering absences or breaks
- Monitoring equipment and product quality, housekeeping procedures to maintain work area and equipment, documenting activities on Tier Boards and in relevant systems (MII, SAP), i.e., material usage, equipment issues, and troubleshooting when necessary
- Using safety equipment to comply with state and federal regulations, reporting all safety and environmental hazards, and attending safety and environmental training programs to ensure compliance and culture of safety
Youre a fit for the role of #3 Press Operator if your background includes:
- Possess a High School Diploma or higher. Candidates with a vocational/technical degree are strongly preferred
- Some experience working in an industrial setting in a maintenance and troubleshooting capacity with a wide range of production machinery is strongly desired
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, competent with rulers and measurement
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety and safe work practices such as the use of personal protective equipment and following machine instructions and production orders
- Can regularly lift at least 5 lbs. above the shoulder as well as push, pull, and lift at least 10 lbs occasionally up to 50 lbs
- Regularly standing walking, crouching, bending, reaching, and kneeling
Whats in it for you
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Bonuses:$2,500 in sign-on bonuses after the first 3 months of employment. Also, a shift premium of 2nd shift - $4.00 per hour, bonus plan
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters caf networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that weve never talked about with as much pride as we should we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, weve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the worlds most global news services Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.