Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Richardson, TX US
|| Architectural Services, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Other / General, Real Estate, Executive Management, Aviation/Aeronautics, Broadcasting/Communications, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental, Energy / Utilities
09 - Facilities Advisor
Req ID: 118017
Hiring Manager: Roger R Harris
Country: United States
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Functional Area: ENG - Engineering
Career Stream: FAC - Facilities/Real Estate Engineering
SAP Short Name: ADV
Job Title: Facilities Advisor
Job Code: ADV-ENG-FAC
Job Level: Band 09
Direct/Indirect Indicator: Indirect
First full level of specialization; applies expertise in more than one area of specialization. Work is performed within established professional standards, established policy, and/or established objectives. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Incumbents are accountable for quality of work delivered by external suppliers as applicable. May influence others outside of team to ensure goals are met and resolves conflicts in an effective manner. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may have a negative impact on the sites/major function's operations, schedules, and/or performance goals. Receives guidance primarily on unique, unusual, or controversial problems or questions. May lead a work group or project team consisting of one or more support staff and/or tech/professional staff with some coaching from own supervisor, or may provide advice and guidance in area of specialty. Seeks out new avenues for building internal and external relationships; maintains contacts with existing relationships.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides technical leadership for the design, maintenance, repair and operation of key facilities and building systems.
- Leadership and guidance on overall activities of consulting engineers and architects in design, planning and construction as well as project management responsibilities during the construction phases.
- Recommends and implements improvements along with capacity and distribution planning.
- Plans, designs and maintains the infrastructure of the entire facility.
- Identifies and evaluates energy and space optimization opportunities.
- Resolves issues related to power quality and reliability for the site. Ensures compliance to ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standards.
- Ensures compliance to ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System Standards.
- Responsible for the design, deployment, implementation and support of Celesticas Energy Management within a site.
- Works with both Celestica Corporate and site Energy group to meet site energy objectives and to develop implementation schedules and ongoing support plans.
- Provides support and leadership through completion of the plan.
- Engineering Foundation Competencies
- Excellent customer contact, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management and computer skills.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyze data and determine root cause of problems.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and coordinate multiple, changing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety programs and regulations including ISO 14001.
- Duties of the position are performed in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, etc.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required.
- Six to eight years relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Educational requirements may vary by geography.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job. Job duties and the % of time identified for any function are subject to change at any time.
Celesticas policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the worlds best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Please visit our employer showcase!