Friday's ASU Job Fair:
A Record 128 Employers Looking to Hire!
- Friday's Event is Free & Open to the Public -
- Do a Preview News Story so Your Viewers/Readers May Attend and Find a Job -
WHEN: Friday, March 10, from 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
WHERE: ASU's Dunn-Oliver Acadome.
If you need a job or want to move into another field or profession, Alabama State University is the place to be on Friday.
ASU's Office of Career Services has outdone itself with its Spring "Opportunity/Job Fair" with a record-setting 128 potential employers being set-up to screen, interview and hire local residents and ASU students who attend and seek jobs.
There will be lots of employers seeking employees for both regular professional jobs and teaching/education positions, said Jeremy Hodge, director of ASU's Office of Career Services.
"They all are hiring," Hodge said. "Alabama State has 128 companies or government entities that will be in one place, at the same time, to hire employees. We've got them here and it is now up to our students and the public to convince them that 'they' are the best person to hire," he added.
To help those attending do well and score big points with the folks who are hiring, Hodge has come up with a list of suggestions to help all employment candidates better hit the ball "out of the park."
Among the things that ASU's career - guru has to offer is the following:
1. Review the list of companies and target and research those that may be of interest to you.
2. Dress professionally. You will not be allowed into the career fair if you are not dressed properly. No sneakers, low cut shirts, short skirts,
flip flops or unprofessional attire.
3. Bring plenty of resumes. Have someone critique/proof it prior to the fair.
4. Always ask for a business card from those you give a resume to and send a thank you email or letter following the event.
Posted By: Reggie Culpepper
Wednesday, March 8th 2017 at 5:28PM
You can also
here to view all posts by this author...